72.07 0 to 72.26 0 East Longitude
23.15 0 to 23.53 0 North Latitude
Average Rain fall
Sabarmati, Rupen, Saraswati, Khari, Pushpawati
419 person / sq.km
927 female per 1000 males
Agro climatic zone
- District is also well know popular as Oil city due to Several petroleum resource are found from district.
- It is also known as Milk city as district also host a Cooperative milk dairy - Dudhsagar. which is second largest dairy in Asia processing on average of 1.42 million litre per days.
- Mehsana district is located in North Gujarat, about 75 km away from Ahmedabad.
- The major crops of Mehsana are Wheat, Bajara, Jowar, Cotton, Tobacco, Castor, Mustard, Sesamum, Cumin, Isabgol, Fennel, Groundnut, Brinjal, Potato, Tomatoes, Okra, Mango, Citrus, Sapota.
- Mehsana is the largest producer of lime in Gujarat contributing 24% to total production of the State
- The district is the third largest producer of Tomato with 9% share in total vegetable production of the State.
- Mehsana is the largest producer of Fennel seed with 36% contribution in total Spice production of the State Cumin seed is other major crop of the district.
- There are three agricultural research centre at Jagudan ( Spices), Vijapur (Wheat) Ladol (Tabacco) of S.D Agricultural University.
- ‘Sun Temple’at Modhera, Ancient city Vadnagar, Sanku Water park are major important tourist destination of Mehsana district.
- Asian largest APMC at Unjha.
- Geographical Location : 72.07 0 to 72.26 0 East Longitude ,23.15 0 to 23.53 0 North Latitude
- Average Rain fall : 600 mm having main river : Sabarmati, Rupen, Saraswati, Khari, Pushpawati
- District headquarters is Mehsana and it distributed in nine tehsil
- Population density is 419 person / sq.km having sex ration of 927 female per 1000 male
- District is located under VI Agro climatic zone and III Seismic zone